To View Oldest Post First


Click Here to view oldest post http://musingsofaflightattendant.blogspot.com/2010/06/so-much-for-introduction-like-any-good.html

then click 'Newer post' at the end of the post to work your way forward in time



Thursday, August 5, 2010

Spokane:



OH Spokane how I love the so. I got a call about a week or so ago telling me they were dead heading me to Spokane to do a few legs the next morning then arrive back at base later that night. Oh yeah dead head, it means you are flying as positive space (income generating) to get to where you need to go for work. You’re not working the flight just wasting time and space thus the dead head (not an inside joke but a real industry term I swear). I flew in to meet a crew that was already there. Their other flight attendant ran out of reserve time and I guess I was to be there replacement. I got in at about 4pm and was SOOOOO excited to find out that I had a 15 hour overnight in the heart of down town. When you fly to meet a crew it’s always a dilemma. Do I try to meet up with the them, people I don’t know that aren’t even from my base, or do I go it alone? They could be super fun people who want to explore as much as I do or they could be complete downers and bring down the whole experience and of course I would be too polite to break away from the group at that point. That day I was feeling adventurous and decided to just take on the city myself. And I’m glad I did. The first turn I took lead me to a river front with a cute little park it was very pretty and I took out my camera. I kept walking and soon realized I had just discovered the beginning of the park. With every turn I took I discovered something even more amazing. Radio Flyer park encompasses a small amusement park, a carousel, a movie theater, a trolley, many walking trails, and best of all a waterfall! I must have walked for hours. I had this overwhelming reoccurring thought that I really could live here. I was beautiful, progressive, full of art and entertainment, and all surrounded in nature. Honestly, words cannot convey how full of life this city was. After exploring the park and the downtown area I at some vegetarian lasagna from a local co-op, took a nice long dip in the outside hot tub, and finally fell asleep to a movie on TV. What a great night. I honestly recommend visiting Spokane I was AMAZING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment